Upcoming events for the Mountain Rescue Association
Mountain Rescue Association National Conference
June 2-4, 2017 Boise, Idaho
Hosted by Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit
We are still hard at work assembling and organizing our final schedule of events. Check back here in the future to obtain details.
For now, rest assured that MRACon 2017 in Boise, Idaho will have plenty to do. A preliminary list of activities and presentations are below.
- A guided climbing excursion to Idaho’s tallest peak, Mt. Borah
- Partner and Self Rescue seminar
- Lightweight and Technical Equipment class instructed by Richard Delaney (RopeLab)
- Human Remains Detection training for K9s
- K9 scenarios/skills workshop
- Track Aware class
- Evidence Search Tracking taught by Joel Hardin.
Conference Topics and Clinics (more in progress):
- Wilderness Medicine
- Clandestine Drug Operations
- Ralston’s Side Scan Sonar
- Water Safety
- Emotional First Aid
- Avalanche Safety
- Rescue Rope Testing
- Social events
- Landing Zone Operator and NOAA
- Idaho State Communication